We believe that every child should receive a quality education as a foundation for a secure, successful future. America’s children deserve nothing less. We hope we will be able to partner with your family to provide your child with the education he or she deserves. You may review our admissions calendar below and complete a Pre-Enrollment Application to begin the admissions process.
You may submit a Pre-Enrollment Application to add your child’s name to the waiting list, and we will contact you when a classroom seat is available. Completing the online form does not obligate your child to attend Valley Academy, but it does reserve your spot in line so that you can make a decision when a spot comes open. Please complete a separate application for each child in the family, including siblings of current students.
Reid Traditional Schools ensures that all children with disabilities have the right to a free appropriate public education. In accordance with Special Education regulations, we screen newly enrolled students within 45 days of enrollment and strictly adhere to other related regulations.
Reid Traditional Schools does not discriminate in employment and/or enrollment practices. We do not limit admission based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, income level, disabling condition, proficiency in the English language, or athletic ability.
2017 – 2018 SCHOOL YEAR K-8th Grade
Click Button Below
If you do not want to sign up on the Waiting List but would like updates about the school and notification of important dates, please leave us your name and email. We will add your name to our Interest List and send you occasional reminders. Click the button below to be added to the interest/mailing list.
For the 2017-2018 school year, you may submit Kindergarten through 8th grade Pre-Enrollment Applications beginning November 7, 2016. Those who apply during the November 7-20 Open Enrollment period will be placed in random order by a lottery on December 5th. Applications received after November 20th are added to the waiting list in the order they are received, behind the Open Enrollment applications.
The list below gives a general outline of the admissions process and important dates.
- Tours Available – Parents may make an appointment to tour the campus by calling the school office at (623) 516-7747.
- Early November – Pre-Enrollment Applications accepted for the school year that begins the following August. Applications received at any time during this two-week Open Enrollment period are equally likely to be offered a classroom position.
- Late November – All applications received during Open Enrollment are put in a lottery to determine their order on the waiting list.
- November to August – We continue to accept Pre-Enrollment Applications on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Late February – Kindergarten offers of enrollment begin.
- March – Kindergarten screening and registration appointments are scheduled.
- Mid April to late Summer – First through eighth grade offers of enrollment are made. Skills Assessment and Registration appointments are scheduled.
- Spring and Summer – To help parents understand Valley Academy’s program, Parent Orientation meetings are held.
- Ongoing – We continue to offer placement as we become aware of classroom openings. We ask that all of our families, new and returning, do their best to let us know if their school plans change as soon as possible. Our goal is that every student in every grade would be able to participate in the first day of school with their new classmates.
Students must be five years old on or before August 31st of the school year for which they are applying. All future kindergarten students are scheduled for a mandatory kindergarten screening. This assessment identifies areas that you can work on with your child during the spring and summer so he or she is assured a great start in our kindergarten curriculum. CLICK HERE for kindergarten screening information. We do not make exceptions or perform testing to admit students to kindergarten who will not be five years old on August 31st.
New for 2017-2018:
We will be offering Full Day and Half Day Preschool
with before and after school care available!
Reid Traditional Schools’ Valley Academy Preschool is dedicated to providing a nurturing educational environment that prepares four-year-old children for kindergarten success. Please click on the topics below for detailed information about our programs.
Thematic units will focus on:
• Phonemic awareness and letter recognition
• Awareness of print and early reading concepts
• Number recognition and early math concepts
• Critical thinking skills such as predicting, recalling events, and sequencing
• Music, Art, and Movement will be used to develop fine and gross motor skills.
Language and Literacy Development
• Instilling the love of reading through listening to fine literature
• Retelling stories and drawing pictures about stories
• Understanding the relationship between letters and sounds (early phonics)
• Knowledge of print
• Written expression with use of words or drawings to convey meaning
• Understanding directions (up, down, top, bottom, etc.)
• Recognizing numbers
• Simple problem solving
• Patterns and functions (basic shapes, colors, and classifications)
As children explore the classroom and outdoor environments, they learn about science and the role it plays in our lives.
The focus is on developing an understanding of:
• Making and recording observations (the concepts of same and different)
• Exploring our environment (the five senses)
• Exploring our earth (weather, plants, and animals)
Music is shared each day. Children enjoy listening to music, learning dance, creative movement, and singing.
Creative Arts and Expression
Experiences are planned for the sheer joy and excitement of self expression through art, including coloring, painting, drawing, and making objects and crafts.
Physical fitness activities are designed to help children develop basic motor skills (run, hop, jump, skip, etc.) and experience the meaning of team play.
To be eligible for preschool, the child must be four years old on or before August 31st of the school year and must be fully toilet trained.
- Full Day Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Half Day Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Coyote Club Opens: 6:30 a.m. (before school care)
- Coyote Club Closes: 6:15 p.m. (after school care)
PRESCHOOL TUITION 2017-2018
Full Day Preschool tuition is $5850 per year, payable in ten monthly payments of $585.
Half Day tuition is $3500 per year, payable in ten monthly payments of $350.
Discounts are available to those who pre-pay for the full year, as well as to those with a sibling enrolled at Reid Traditional Schools’ Valley Academy.
When we offer your child enrollment, a $40 registration fee and the first month of tuition are required to secure your classroom position. These payments are non-refundable.
COYOTE CLUB RATES (before and after care)
Morning Coyote Club (6:30-8:30): $3.50 per day
Afternoon Coyote Club (3:30-6:15): $6 per hour (attendance is rounded to the nearest 15 minutes)
We encourage you to complete a Pre-Enrollment Application form to join the waiting list. Preschool waiting list applications may be submitted beginning the first Monday in November for the following school year.
Students must be four years old on or before August 31st of the school year in order to be placed on the Waiting List, and they must be fully potty trained. Placement in preschool is offered based upon the Waiting List. There is not a lottery for preschool placement.
You are invited to join us in mid-March for our Preschool Open House. You and your child may visit the classrooms and playgrounds, chat with our teachers, and see samples of the curriculum.
In late March, we will begin notifying families that placement is available, and we will continue to contact families about registration until all places have been reserved. The $40 registration fee and first month’s tuition are required to reserve your child’s place; these payments are not refundable.
We would love to have every one of our preschoolers attend Valley Academy’s kindergarten, but membership in our preschool program does not give priority placement status for following year’s Kindergarten class. We do, however, make sure our preschool families know when the public kindergarten Open Enrollment windows are, for the greatest likelihood of being offered enrollment.
2017 – 2018 SCHOOL YEAR Preschool
Click Button Below
Applicants must be 4 years old on or before August 31st of the school year.