Valley Academy Preschool expands a preschooler’s knowledge,
and prepares them to be successful in kindergarten
through age-appropriate academics
using weekly thematic units of learning.
Valley Academy Preschool is dedicated to providing a nurturing educational environment. We provide a program based on developmental milestones that will foster a positive self image and social skills through reading readiness, pre-math, language developmental activities, music, art, and movement activities.
Valley Academy has separate preschool programs for three-year-old children and for four-year-old children. Classes run Monday through Friday. You can select either a morning session (8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.) or an afternoon session (12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.). The child must be potty-trained and must have reached the required age before September first, as outlined here. The fee for preschool is $350.00 per month, with a $40.00 registration fee.
Thematic units will focus on:
- Phonemic awareness and letter recognition
- Awareness of print and early reading concepts
- Number recognition and early math concepts
- Critical thinking skills such as predicting, recalling events, and sequencing
- Music, Art, and Movement will be used to develop fine and gross motor skills.
Language and Literacy Development
- Instilling the love of reading through the listening of fine literature
- Retelling stories and drawing pictures about stories
- Understanding the relationship between letters and sounds (early phonics)
- Knowledge of print
- Written expression with use of words or drawings to convey meaning
- Understanding directions (up, down, top, bottom, etc.)
- Recognizing numbers
- Simple problem solving
- Patterns and functions (basic shapes, colors, and classifications)
As children explore the classroom and outdoor environments, they learn about science and the role it plays in our lives.
The focus is on developing an understanding of:
- Making and recording observations (the concepts of same and different)
- Exploring our environment (the five senses)
- Exploring our earth (weather, plants, and animals)
Music is shared each day. Children enjoy listening to music, learning dance, creative movement, and singing.
Creative Arts and Expression
Experiences are planned for the sheer joy and excitement of self expression through art, including coloring, painting, drawing, and making objects and crafts.
Physical fitness activities are designed to help children develop basic motor skills (run, hop, jump, skip, etc.) and experience the meaning of team play.
Entering Valley Academy’s 4-year-old preschool program does not guarantee a place in the next year’s Kindergarten program. Due to Arizona State laws, the 4-year-old preschoolers will be placed in the general lottery for kindergarten.
For more information, please refer to the Preschool Handbook.
Waiting List Age Requirements
Click here for the current waiting list age requirements. Preschool students must be potty trained and meet the age requirement.
|Click Here for the Preschool
Waiting List Form