We believe that every child should receive a quality education as a foundation for a secure, successful future. America’s children deserve nothing less. We hope we will be able to partner with your family to provide your child with the education he or she deserves. You may review our admissions calendar below and complete a Pre-Enrollment Application to begin the admissions process.
You may submit a Pre-Enrollment Application to add your child’s name to the waiting list, and we will contact you when a classroom seat is available. Completing the online form does not obligate your child to attend Valley Academy, but it does reserve your spot in line so that you can make a decision when a spot comes open. Please complete a separate application for each child in the family, including siblings of current students.
Reid Traditional Schools are open enrollment public charter schools that do not charge tuition. If space is available in a grade level, students are enrolled in the school. We reserve the right to refuse to admit any pupil who is under the age of five years by September 1 of the enrollment year and any pupil who has been expelled from or who is in the process of being expelled from another educational institution.
We may give enrollment preference to and reserve capacity for pupils who are children, grandchildren or legal wards of any of the following: employees of the school; employees of the charter holder; members of the governing body of the school; directors, officers, partners or board members of the charter holder. We may give enrollment preference to and reserve capacity for pupils who attended another charter school or are the siblings of that pupil if the charter school previously attended by the pupil has the identical charter holder, board and governing board membership as the enrolling charter school or is managed by the same educational management organization, charter management organization or educational service provider as determined by the charter authorizer. (ARS 15-184(D) )
Reid Traditional Schools ensures that all children with disabilities have the right to a free appropriate public education. In accordance with Special Education regulations, we screen newly enrolled students within 45 days of enrollment and strictly adhere to other related regulations.
Reid Traditional Schools does not discriminate in employment and/or enrollment practices. We do not limit admission based on ethnicity, national origin, gender, income level, disabling condition, proficiency in the English language, or athletic ability.
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR K-8th Grade
Apply Now – Click Button Below
THIS school year 2019-2020 4th Grade Only
Apply Now – Click Button Below
If you do not want to sign up on the Waiting List but would like updates about the school and notification of important dates, please leave us your name and email. We will add your name to our Interest List and send you occasional reminders. Click the button below to be added to the interest/mailing list.
For the 2020-2021 school year, you may submit Kindergarten through 8th grade Pre-Enrollment Applications at any time. Those who applied during the November 4th through November 17th Open Enrollment period will be placed in random order by a lottery in early December. Applications received after November 17th are added to the waiting list in the order they are received, behind the Open Enrollment applications.
The list below gives a general outline of the admissions process and important dates.
- Early November – Pre-Enrollment Applications accepted for the school year that begins the following August. Applications received at any time during the two-week Open Enrollment period are equally likely to be offered a classroom position.
- Early December – All applications received during Open Enrollment are put in a lottery to determine their order on the waiting list.
- November to August – We continue to accept Pre-Enrollment Applications on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Mid-December – Early offers of enrollment begin.
- March – Kindergarten screening and registration appointments are scheduled.
- Mid April to late Summer – First through eighth grade offers of enrollment continue, registration appointments are scheduled.
- Ongoing – We continue to offer placement as we become aware of classroom openings. We ask that all of our families, new and returning, do their best to let us know if their school plans change as soon as possible. Our goal is that every student in every grade would be able to participate in the first day of school with their new classmates.
Students must be five years old on or before August 31st of the school year for which they are applying. Future kindergarten students are scheduled for a kindergarten screening. This assessment identifies areas that you can work on with your child during the spring and summer so he or she is assured a great start in our kindergarten curriculum. CLICK HERE for kindergarten screening information. Offers of enrollment are based solely on waiting list position, not on screening results. We do not make exceptions or perform testing to admit students to kindergarten who will not be five years old on August 31st.
Reid Traditional Schools’ Valley Academy Preschool is dedicated to providing a nurturing educational environment that prepares four-year-old children for kindergarten success. Please click on the topics below for detailed information about our programs.
Thematic units will focus on:
• Phonemic awareness and letter recognition
• Awareness of print and early reading concepts
• Number recognition and early math concepts
• Critical thinking skills such as predicting, recalling events, and sequencing
• Music, Art, and Movement will be used to develop fine and gross motor skills.
Language and Literacy Development
• Instilling the love of reading through listening to fine literature
• Retelling stories and drawing pictures about stories
• Understanding the relationship between letters and sounds (early phonics)
• Knowledge of print
• Written expression with use of words or drawings to convey meaning
• Understanding directions (up, down, top, bottom, etc.)
• Recognizing numbers
• Simple problem solving
• Patterns and functions (basic shapes, colors, and classifications)
As children explore the classroom and outdoor environments, they learn about science and the role it plays in our lives.
The focus is on developing an understanding of:
• Making and recording observations (the concepts of same and different)
• Exploring our environment (the five senses)
• Exploring our earth (weather, plants, and animals)
Music is shared each day. Children enjoy listening to music, learning dance, creative movement, and singing.
Creative Arts and Expression
Experiences are planned for the sheer joy and excitement of self expression through art, including coloring, painting, drawing, and making objects and crafts.
Physical fitness activities are designed to help children develop basic motor skills (run, hop, jump, skip, etc.) and experience the meaning of team play.
To be eligible for preschool, the child must be four years old on or before August 31st of the school year and must be fully toilet trained.
- Full Day Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Half Day Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Preschool Extended Day Opens: 6:30 a.m. (before school care)
- Preschool Extended Day Closes: 6:15 p.m. (after school care)
Full Day Preschool tuition is $5850 per year, payable in ten monthly payments of $585.
Half Day tuition is $3500 per year, payable in ten monthly payments of $350.
Discounts are available to those who pre-pay for the full year, as well as to those with a sibling enrolled at Reid Traditional Schools’ Valley Academy. We do not offer a scholarship program.
When we offer your child enrollment, a $40 registration fee and the first month of tuition are required to secure your classroom position. These payments are non-refundable.
PRESCHOOL EXTENDED DAY RATES (before and after care)
Morning Extended Day (6:30-8:30): $3.50 per day
Afternoon Extended Day (3:30-6:15): $6 per hour (attendance is rounded to the nearest 15 minutes)
We encourage you to complete a Pre-Enrollment Application form to join the waiting list. Preschool waiting list applications may be submitted beginning the first Monday in November for the following school year.
Students must be four years old on or before August 31st of the school year in order to be placed on the Waiting List, and they must be fully potty trained. Placement in preschool is offered based upon the Waiting List. There is not a lottery for preschool placement.
In late March, we will begin notifying families that placement is available, and we will continue to contact families about registration until all places have been reserved. The $40 registration fee and first month’s tuition are required to reserve your child’s place; these payments are not refundable.
We would love to have every one of our preschoolers attend Valley Academy’s kindergarten, but membership in our preschool program does not give priority placement status for following year’s Kindergarten class. We do, however, make sure our preschool families know when the public kindergarten Open Enrollment windows are, for the greatest likelihood of being offered enrollment.
2020 – 2021 SCHOOL YEAR Preschool
Apply Now – Click Button Below
Applicants must be 4 years old on or before August 31st of the school year.